Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Wedding Ceremony Musical Score

One of the most popular questions that brides are asking me lately is what music they should play during their ceremony. I too, have been pondering this question myself as my wedding day approaches. SO, I did some research and put together these selections that I think fit a traditional, romantic wedding wonderfully!

The Prelude

‘Air on the G String’ by Bach
‘Lasia Ch’io Pianga’ by George Frideric Handel
‘5th Symphony in C Miner’ by Beethoven
‘Winter’ (from the Four Seasons) by Antonio Vivaldi
‘A Time for Us’ (from the Romeo & Juliet soundtrack)

The Pre-Processional (Seating of the Mother's)


‘Ave Maria’ by Bach
‘Prelude in C (I) by Bach (companion piece to ‘Ave Maria’)
‘Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring’ by Bach

The Processional

‘Con Te Partiro’ by Andrea Bocelli (Instrumental Only)

Bride’s Entrance

‘Canon in D’ by Pachelbel

The Recessional

‘Wedding March’ (from a ‘Midsummer Night’s Dream’) by Felix Mendelssohn
‘Trumpet Voluntary’ by Bach

Here is an excellent website to gain ideas for ceremony and reception music selections, plus you can even hear samples of the songs on my list above: http://www.weddingvendors.com/music/cds/for-your-wedding-ceremony/

No comments: