Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Simply Perfect Weddings Team :: Meet Meghan

If you haven't heard the news already, I am delighted to announce the newest members of the Simply Perfect Weddings team, Meghan and Danielle. Meghan and Danielle will be assisting me with weddings for our 2010 season, and I thought it would be fun to introduce them to our clients and readers with a Q + A session.

Today, meet Meghan!

1. First off, tell us a little about yourself:

I am originally from the Altoona/Johnstown area but I now reside in Pittsburgh, where I attend school. You will almost always catch me in a pair of heels because I am only five feet tall! I am obsessed with fashion, cupcakes, frozen yogurt, and the 1940s. Yoga and dance are my preferred choice of exercise. I love quotes.. they cover my work space for motivation. Also, music is a huge part of my life. I have had the delight to play the role of wedding singer at numerous weddings over the years. Now I am tickled to be diving into my passion for wedding planning by joining Sumer and the SPW team! : )

2. If you had to describe yourself in three words, they would be…

Genuine. Sophisticated. Caring. 

3. What is one thing you absolutely cannot live without?

My newest little compact piece of technology: The Kindle. It holds 1,500 books.. perfect for my reading fix. It is great for vacation and long trips instead of carrying around a load of books! 

4. If you could visit any location in the world where would it be, and why?

Greece is very high on my list of must see places. The landscapes and history are unbelievable. And the locals’ zesty hospitality for visitors is a definite plus!

5. If you could have an endless supply of any food, what would it be? 

I am a huge fan of pasta—Fra Diavlo and Gnocci especially-- from a little restaurant in my hometown. But my real addiction might be the fresh bread before the entrĂ©e!

6. Describe your perfect day off – no work, no school, and no “to-do’s”. 

I would have to start off spending some quality time by the pool. Laying out and swimming is a must for a relaxing day! Then I would have a lovely appointment to have my nails done and maybe even a massage! Meet my girlfriends for lunch, followed by some shopping at Urban Outfitters and Ann Taylor Loft.

7. Top 5 songs currently on your iPod/iTunes playlist? 

Anything by Ingrid Michaelson...her cover of Can’t Help Falling in Love with You is by far my favorite.
Already Gone – Kelly Clarkson
Waking Up in Vegas – Katy Perry
It Feels Like Home – Chantel Kreviazuk
Break Even – The Script

8. You just found a $100 bill {you checked & no one claimed it}, what do you do with it?

Take my family out for a night..dinner and a movie!

9. Finish the sentence. “Never have I ever….” 

Traveled out of the country..but this summer that will change when I venture to Austria!

10. If you could attend any celebrity wedding {past, present, or future}, whose would it be? 

Hands down Giuliana and Bill Rancic (E! Network, The Apprentice). They had a gorgeous September wedding in Capri, Italy. (Such a romantic setting!) It was a small, elegant wedding with around 170 guests. The ceremony itself was held at Santa Sophia Church, built 500 hundred years ago. The architecture is absolutely breath taking. The elaborate reception had a 16 piece orchestra. Not to mention some of the celebrities on the guest list would have kept me highly entertained, especially my favorite comedian, Chelsea Handler.

1 comment:

Leeann Marie said...

Welcome Meghan!!! A girl who loves heels and yoga - yay! You'll have a blast with Sumer.


Umm... you two kind of look a little alike? Maybe a little? ;)